Goan prawn chili fry is a lip smacking and easy to make dish. You can either prepare it as a side dish or as the main course. Even though the ingredients used to prepare this delicious dish are basic but the flavour is mouthwatering. Here is how you can prepare this recipe easily at home.
Ingredients you will need Goan prawn chili fry
- 1 cup prawns
- ½ inch ginger
- 2 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and vinegar for taste
Masala ingredients you will need
- 7-8 Kashmiri chillies
- 5-6 Flakes Garlic
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tsp Peppers
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Ball of Tamarind
Here is how you can prepare your prawn chili fry at home
- Add some oil in the pan. While it’s getting heat up, chop the onions.
- Grind half of the ginger while cut the other half into pieces.
- Now put the chopped onions in the pan and sauté them till they turn brown in colour.
- Meanwhile you can chop the tomatoes and coriander while the onions get brown.
- Once your onions turn brown, you can then add the tomatoes.
- Slice some green chillies and add them to the mixture.
- Add two tablespoons of the masala and fry it for some time.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar and mix it thoroughly in the masala.
- Now it’s time that you add prawns to the masala and add salt as per taste.
- Add little vinegar to it if you want.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let cook until its ready to eat.
- Once your Goan Prawn chili fry is ready you can serve it hot with a toasted bread, rice or chappti.
- You can garnish your dish with fresh coriander.
Image Source: Getty
Read more articles on Healthy Recipes